Friday, December 31, 2010

CREDO: God Created the World

Genesis 1:1 “In the beginning when God created the heavens and the earth,”

I believe that God created the Heavens and the Earth. I don’t believe that it all came to be by chance without design. It might be easy to label me as either a Creationist or an Intelligent Designer, but hear me out for my reasons. You can decide for yourself after you hear where I am coming from.

I have worked at a game company for nearly 8 years. In that time, the company I work for has developed and enhanced virtual worlds. In these worlds, they have laid out the ground; planted trees and animals; placed people and even developed a sky dome. They have even laid out the “physics” that the world operates under. In that time, I have seen designers, programmers and others painstakingly create a world that people can move and talk and interact with. Every aspect of that world was built with an intelligence guiding it and shaping it. There are aspects of that world that get written out and new ones applied still leaving the old code/graphic there but made dormant or hidden.

Given this, I cant deny to God that which we are learning to do in some small way.
I believe that God created the universe with intelligent design, no more than we are learning to do.

Now, I don’t believe that the world is less than 10,000 years old. I frankly don’t know how old it is, but I think God is a designer of consummate skill. Recently, I read a book by Francis S. Collins called The Language of God. He worked on the human genome project. We carry within us the language of all of creation. This to me isn’t a failing of God’s, but incredible foresight. The history of our planet doesn’t discount God existing, but confirms that he can design and build in the software that makes us who we are our eventual form. Every aspect of creation hearkens to an order that shows us more than randomness at its core.

No comments:

Post a Comment